Year of Birth: 384 BC
Year of Death: 322 BC
- A friend to all is a friend to none.
- A true friend is one soul in two bodies.
- All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire.
- Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
- He who is to be a good ruler must have first been ruled.
- Misfortune shows those who are not really friends.
- Personal beauty is a greater recommendation than any letter of reference.
- There was never a genius without a tincture of madness.
- We must no more ask whether the soul and body are one than ask whether the wax and the figure impressed on it are one.